Estimated reading time: 5 minute(s)
Kilifi Governor Amason Kingi, has decried that the war against Coronavirus is manifesting into a new wave despite efforts through the stringent health guidelines issued by both the National and the County Governments.
By Tuesday, June 16th, Kilifi County had been hit hard by the deadly virus with a total of 34 confirmed cases in the last month. Out of the 34 cases, 32 are held in county isolation centers while the remaining 2 are under home-based quarantine.
Governor Kingi, while addressing the press, gave a breakdown of sub-counties where the cases are recorded, including;
Kilifi North – 11 cases, Kilifi South – 2 cases, Rabai – 18 while Kaloleni Sub-county has 2 cases…. out of the 34 cases that have been recorded within the one month period.
Kingi says it is heartbreaking that the rise in the number of cases in the County is attributed to the many cases of indiscipline by residents, with several people now letting their guard down and downplaying the health directives, consequently increasing the number of Covid-19 cases in the County.
“As a County Government, we can not relent in the fight against Covid19 and we will continue to collaborate fully with the National Government in enforcing all health guidelines to curb the spread of this virus,” he warned.
To win this war, Governor Kingi said it requires both collective and individual responsibility.
“I urge each and everyone to play his part to defeat this disease so that we can resume normalcy and focus more on reviving our economy. This wave poses a greater risk to all of us and we must adhere to the preventive measures if we are to win this fight.”
The governmnet suspended cessation of movement in Kilifi and Kwale counties on June 6th 2020, after the counties recorded low cases of Covid-19, and this new trend could see enforcement of new more stringent measures.